Monday, February 20, 2006

Even mouthy liberals need a break

I ran out of blog-steam last week--nothing was really getting my Irish up after a week of ranting about sex abuse in the Chicago archdiocese. Plus, the BustedHalo blog went on a week longer than it was supposed to, during which time my opposite number and I blogged past each other about whether George Bush is really prolife. (You guessed it, I say no, she says yes. I'm right, of course.) :) You can still check out the blog if you want, but I warn you that a new pair started today, and the first entry is miles long. Short and sweet is more fun; plus 250 words doesn't permit much nuance so everyone gets to sound like a fringy wacko.

On another note, folks worried that Michael Jackson might be singing the prayers of the late Pope John Paul II can rest assured that the King of Pop won't be able to rehabilitate his image on the coattails of a dead pope. (Here's my original post about the possibility.) Father Giuseppe Moscati, speaking for the company hoping to set the prayers to music acknowledged that, in light of Jackson's history, his image "cannot be put alongside that of the pope."

Phew--JPII's sainthood cause dodged a bullet on that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home