Thursday, December 22, 2005

And from the Prince himself

And finally, for all those Christians in a twist about Wal-Mart's "Happy Holidays" ads, here's a little reality check from the big JC:

"Then the Son of Man will say to those at his left hand, 'You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?' Then he will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matt. 25:41-46)

Now tell me again: Why should we waste money and effort making sure that the word "Christmas" appears in print advertising?

When the Son of Man does return, I doubt he's going to be checking out the state of retail advertising.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger ProConPundit said...

When the Son of Man returns, also seated with the sheep will be those who can walk and chew gum at the same time. As many people in the US celebrate Christmas as Thanksgiving. More Americans celebrate Christmas than President's Day or the Fourth of July. Jamming one's religion down the throats of another is poor. Being prohibted from uttering (pr printing) the name of the holiday that 95% of Americans celebrate is distasteful--even with goat's milk.

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home